Effective Date: October 29, 2014
Information We Collect
We may collect personal and non-personal information from you including the following:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Financial information
- Unique identifiers such as user name and password, and IP address; and
- Business information including company name, company size, and business type.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect for any lawful purpose, including to:
- Compile, save, use and analyze your Personal Information in both a personally-identifiable form and an aggregated, non-personally identifiable form;
- Operate, maintain, improve, and provide to you the Service and to conduct our business;
- Verify your identity;
- Register you as a user and identify you when you sign in to your account;
- Determine whether or not you qualify for one of our loan products;
- Contact you in connection with applying for one of our loan products;
- Communicate with you to send order confirmations, respond to customer service requests, send marketing communications, and send account update notifications;
- Post and review your comments on our blog; and
- Administer and expand the Website; and customize and personalize your experience with the Website.
Privacy and Sharing of Information
Some of our pages utilize framing or white-labeling techniques to serve content from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Website. For example, our careers page utilizes white-labeling techniques. Please be aware that in these instances you are providing your Personal Information to these third parties and not to OnDeck.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, including in a bankruptcy proceeding;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a request from a governmental entity;
- If OnDeck is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets or equity, in which case, you will be notified via email and/or a notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information; and
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
The Website may provide links to third party sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices or the content of such third party websites. Accordingly, you are encouraged to review, and are responsible for reviewing, the privacy policies and terms of service of those websites or applications so that you understand how they collect, use and share any personal information or data about you.
User Access and Choice
If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove, ask to have it removed from a public forum or testimonial on our Website or deactivate it by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as reasonably useful for commercial purposes. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
OnDeck and our business partners may contact you to offer you products and services that may of interest to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails, telephone solicitations or other forms of contact from OnDeck and our trusted business partners by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at the contact information listed below.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by OnDeck and our partners (for example, our marketing partners), affiliates, or analytics or service providers, including our live chat, marketing trackers, and survey tool service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Website, tracking users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and to improve marketing, analytics, and Website functionality.
Local Storage Objects (Flash/HTML5)
Our partners use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 or Flash to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Website or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 or Flash to collect and store information.
Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
We partner with third parties to display advertising on our Website and manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertisements. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Security of Information
OnDeck takes the security of your information very seriously. OnDeck protects your information using bank-level data security: 128 bit-encryption and a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. This creates an encrypted connection between your browser and our servers.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, contact us by email at email@example.com or by postal mail at the contact information listed below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at the contact information listed below.
Social Media Widgets
Changes To This Policy
On Deck Capital, Inc.
1400 Broadway. 25th Floor
New York, NY 10018
If you are contacting us to opt-out of marketing communications, you must include your full name and business mailing email addresses and account number. Once we locate your contact information based on the information you provide us, it will be removed from our databases and mailings lists.